Grid User Certificates
A Grid User Certificate is a personal certificate that can be used for e-Science authentication.
Who can request a Grid User Certificate
Please note that the official Certificate Policy and Certificate Practice Statement documents for the CERN Grid
Certification Authority are available at the address http://cern.ch/cafiles.
This help page is only an informal excerpt from the official documents.
In order to request a Grid User Certificate a user must:
- Be registered in CERN's central HR database with one of the following categories, for which physical presence
at the appropriate registration service is required:
- Members of Personnel (as defined in
Circular 11). Status: STAFF, FELL, PDAS, PJAS, USAS, CASS, UPAS, USER, DOCT, TECH, ADMI, SUMM, CHIL,
APPR, COAS, GPRO, VISC, TRNE.
- Employees of a CERN contractor. Status: ENTC.
- Participants to an experiment. Status: PART.
- Honorary members. Status: EXTN with reason HONO.
- Have a CERN computer account and register an email address.
User certificates are only issued for primary and secondary accounts; service accounts cannot request a user
certificate (see the Account Management
site help pages for the definition of the different account types).
If you do not match these requirements, you will have to request a Certificate to your Home
Institute or go to http://www.eugridpma.org/members/worldmap/.